CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Things I’ve Stumbled Across on the Web

I found a site called www.obsoleteskills.com

One poster, who called herself Ms. Obsolete posted the following and admitted she still did them all:

* Adjusting the rabbit ears on your TV set
* Adjusting a television's horizontal and vertical holds?
* Adjusting the tracking on a VCR
* Cleaning head of a VCR?
* Darning a sock
* Defrosting the Icebox?
* Formatting a floppy?
* Having Cash?
* Lining up paper on a dot matrix or line printer?
* Looking up a business on the yellow pages?
* Local Grocery Store?
* Paying for something with a check
* Replacing Shoe Sole and Heels
* Reading a paper map?
* Rewind VCR tapes?
* Sending a letter?
* Setting the timer on a VCR?
* Threading a needle?
* Using a card catalog?
* Using a fountain pen?
* Using a typewriter?
* Using carbon paper to make copies?
* Using correction fluid?
* Winding up loose cassette tape with a pencil eraser before putting the cassette in the deck?


Many of these I had forgotten. I learned to type on a manual typewriter and using carbon paper was standard. I can't remember the last time I used a paper map. I usually use Google Maps and/or a GPS system. My Yellow and White Pages have dust on them. I never did darn a sock. I throw them away and buy new ones. I still love fountain pens though I don't currently have one.

Another interesting site http://members.tripod.com/mnmee/games/Jokes/funfacts.htm has funny and odd facts. For instance, did you know that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear? Or, that a group of unicorns is called a blessing?

How about a page with odd state laws? http://www.harford.edu/Faculty/DVolkart/Handouts/odd_state_laws.htm For here, I learned that in my adopted state of Texas, the entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home. To be fair, in my home state of Pennsylvania, In Morrisville, women need a permit to wear cosmetics.

Laughter is Medicine for the Soul!

Blessings!
T

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I "like you" T . . . you have too much time on your hands (smile), but I like you. I am glad I "stumbled" across your tidbits and musings. In time, I will have a few of my own. Till then, I will enjoy reading yours. . .

MP