CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Conversations

Today, I sat in a chair in front of my family's home in Pittsburgh and attempted to read a book on my Kindle. It was a beautiful, somewhat overcast, summer day. Though the book was very interesting, I found myself continually being distracted by the conversations around me. Usually, when we think of conversations, we think of the conversations of people – conversations between people around us, conversations in the immediate area, conversations on the television, conversations on the radio or even the conversations in cars that pass by on the road. I'm talking about different kinds of conversations. Because of the absence of people and their conversations, what I heard was the conversations of nature, of God's creations. I heard the conversation of the wind rustling through the many trees. I heard the conversations of different species of birds as they chirped, tweeted and sang back and forth. I heard the conversations of the leaves as they brushed against each other in the trees. I heard the conversations of the insects as they flew around me. I even heard the conversation of the wind as it caused the blades of grass to brush against each other. All of these conversations caused me to stop and give pause. So often we (humans) see ourselves as the largest and perhaps most beautiful and important of God's creations. We get so got up in our own world, our troubles, our challenges, our goals and our plans that we forget all about the other creations of our Creator.

Though the conversations I observed today were in a language different than my own, the conversations were beautiful and awe-inspiring. For a while, these conversations caused me to cease concerning myself with problems that had been occupying my mind. I was reminded of Mathew 10:24-31 in which Jesus says that if God takes care of the sparrow, He will certainly take care of us. As we get caught up in the worries and concerns of our daily lives, we often forget this.

Take time out of your busy day sometime and just sit and listen to the conversations around you and be reminded that we are His creation and He will provide for us just as He does the sparrow.

Blessings,

T

0 comments: