CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Apartment is Haunted

I've begun to think that over the last few weeks. There have been strange goings on in my apartment. Not things that go bump in the night, but washers that start running without any input from me, wastebaskets whose lids suddenly start swinging even though there is no breeze in the room, objects that disappear and reappear. I could go on. On New Year's Eve, in preparation for a party, I looked for some lingerie I've had for several years, specifically a black garter belt and black strapless bra. I live alone and only my sons have a key to my apartment, a key they've never used. Yet, the black lingerie and a white set are simply gone - vanished. In addition, other items have simply disappeared. I am a very organized person. I absolutely hate looking for things, so I am almost fanatical about putting things back where they belong so I don't have to look for them. I don't misplace things. Come to think of it, while things haven't exactly gone "bump" in the night, I do hear unusual, unexplainable noises some nights. I've been tempted to ask the apartment management if someone died in this apartment, but since I've just renewed my lease and would be unable to break it, I won't.

A few years ago, I learned about the phenomenon of "disappearing objects." One night, I was giving myself a perm when the phone rang. I was using a blue comb I had had for 15 years. As the phone rang, I went to put the comb on the vanity countertop to go into the other room to answer the phone. The comb missed the countertop and I heard it hit the floor. After answering the phone, I walked back into the room and bent to retrieve the comb; it was gone. I spent about 15 minutes looking for that comb, even opening drawers and doors that had been closed. No luck. The comb was simply gone. One son spent ten minutes looking for it; another son spent 30 minutes looking for it. Both to no avail. When I moved from that house in 2006, the house was completely clean - and empty. We never found the comb. Being the logical, analytical person that I am and knowing that I am NOT crazy, I set off on a search to find out what could have happened to the comb.

I learned that there is a whole field of study on what is called the "disappearing objects phenomenon." It seems that many, many people have shared my experience of the disappearing blue comb. Many people have experienced misplaced objects, often keys. You "know" you put the keys in a particular place, yet when you go to retrieve them, they're simply not there. Often, you will scour the entire house looking for the object only to discover them in the place you first looked. You chalk it up to overlooking them or perhaps even simply shrug it off as something weird. There are numerous reports of objects that disappear - and often reappear, sometimes in places originally searched, other times in places that cannot be explained. One woman told of keys for a new car found in the pocket of a coat she had not worn for years before the car was purchased. Perhaps the weirdest thing for me was people who report objects reappearing, materializing, before their eyes. One woman couldn't find her car keys and needed to get to work. Her spare keys were with someone 30 minutes away. She asked (the Universe?) to please return her keys. The keys materialized before her eyes. Here are a few links on the subject:

http://amasci.com/weird/unusual/objs.html
http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa060500a.htm
http://paranormalinsider.com/2007/09/objects_that_disappear_and_rea.php

I should explain that I've long known that I am psychic; I've just never developed my talent for many reasons, most of them religious. I have always been able to intuit people and situations. I would chalk it up to chance or gut feelings though I knew otherwise. To be truthful, the whole subject scares me somewhat. A few years ago when I visited a local clairvoyant, she told me that I was as psychic as she is and that I needed to stop being afraid of it. So, I can't say that I rushed out to buy books to learn more about the subject, but over the years, I've purchased a few books on the subject.

What do I believe? I think it's arrogant of us to assume that, religious doctrine to the contrary, we know everything there is to know about the subject and that our dimension is the only dimension that exists. I can't explain it, but I know in my heart (my gut?) that something exists beyond what we know and have been taught.

Believe me, at this point, I don't want to ever see my blue comb again.

0 comments: