CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Morning

Several years ago, I had a very serious relationship with a man who lived in another state. We communicated, A LOT, via e-mail. One of the most special routines we had was to write each other intense, heart-felt e-mails on Sunday mornings entitled Sunday Morning. Sunday mornings were a time when we both relaxed from the stresses of the previous week. I would sit on the patio of the townhouse where I was living at the time, sip on a cup of tea and write to the man I loved to my heart's content. He, sitting on his patio in St. Louis or in his garden in London would do the same. It was a special time.

I digress. I think I'm going to convert Sunday Mornings to my blog. It will be a collection of my thoughts from the preceding week and perhaps my thoughts, desires and hopes for the upcoming week. Welcome to the inaugural edition of Sunday Morning!

It's amazing to me that though I am not exactly a youngster, I continue to grow and learn, not only about the larger world around me and the people in it, but also about myself. As an old lady told me many years ago, I will continue learning until I'm laying in my grave. I'm discovering that living in the moment is not necessarily a bad thing. Not planning or anticipating each and every thing and instead, just enjoying what is, is less stressful. I tend to be a person that looks down the road - far down the road - to see or imagine what lies there. The danger in doing so is that often we cannot appreciate what's going on at the moment for the constant looking ahead, the constant wondering "what if?" This change has been liberating, even freeing for me. I forget to worry. :-)

This past week was an interesting one for me. I continue to enjoy, immensely, getting to know a new person in my life. It's fun and, strangely, a boon to my self-esteem, my ego. I've been on a three-week break from my interior design classes. Those three weeks have been filled with a series of happy things and some sad things. My father's health continues to decline and I am struggling with facing the inevitable. My oldest son is engaged to a wonderful woman whose company I really enjoy. We spent an evening together last week looking at photo albums of my son as he grew up. We laughed and laughed. I couldn't find the naked baby pictures, though. I think my son threw those away sometime recently. Yes, all mothers have those naked baby pictures and yes, we will show them to the women in your life when you are older. Accept it. :-)

The week ahead will be busy. Classes start tomorrow and a volunteer effort I'm starting with some others will begin to take shape this week. I've resolved, though, to continue to blog regularly, hopefully daily.

I'm determined that 2008 will be a new year for me in a number of ways and living in the moment will be my new mantra.

Have a blessed week!

T

0 comments: